In 1880 Frank Pearn & Co
constructed a purpose-built factory to produce mines drainage
pumps, in West Gorton, Manchester, just round the corner from
the Beyer Peacock locomotive works.
Internal transport was a 50cm
Decauville railway supplied by Fowler of Leeds. This was added
to using material manufactured by Fowler. When the remains of
this system were removed in 1984, the following items were
purchased and brought to Ripon.
wagons with 'Panama' axleboxes
1 wagon turntable, 2-way
wagon turntable, 4-way (catalogue p.9 fig.27)
track panels, 2.5m (catalogue p.9 figs.1 & 2; p.13 "Voie
droite (par bouts de 2m,50)")
Fowler, 1880 onwards
1 set of points, 15'
6 straight track
|Pearn catalogue (frontispiece)
||Decauville catalogue (p.9)
||Decauville catalogue (p.13)
(Click on the images above to view